quote:
Originally posted by remko:
Hi, first of all I have to say that the web-site doesn't make a very good impression on me. It's `Buy now!' factor is a bit to high for me. Probing through the unlogical structure is like getting stuck on a XXX site with popping windows.

The only pop-up on this site is the one offering you VALUABLE, FREE information which might well help you boost that 120 wpm speed of yours without paying a penny. What buy factor?

The site ALSO provides this forum, and several others, where anyone may post, regardless of whether they've purchased anything. In my whole time here, I've never been pressured into buying anything by the LSC staff, though admittedly a few opportunists seem to try make this an advertising platform. Learning Strategies takes care of them pronto.

quote:
I understand: `mentally photograph the printed page at 25,000 words per minute.' doesn't give the same comprehension level as normal reading and the time spent doing the other steps should be added if I would like to compare. I guess that's what `Process and understand any book at least three times faster than you can now.' means.

If you never learn to PhotoRead, but only use the other steps of the process, your reading speed will triple. At least. Mine did, and I was a fast reader to begin with. It more or less tripled again when PhotoReading worked for me. Oh, and comprehension went up, too.

quote:
Anyway, I'm curious now and just ordered the book to explore. A few notes.

Have fun with it.

As for your reading style, it sounds like you're strong on analytical reading, which might or might not indicate a liking for the analytical subjects. I did lots of analytical reading too. PhotoReading taught me to speed that up (with higher comprehension) AND use the appropriate speed I wanted on the subject material. Boring to use the same speed on all material, no?

quote:
Please let my negative introduction not with hold you from giving me positive feedback and thoughts.

Okay, here's a thought. Try holding back the "negative" framework whilst you're exploring PhotoReading. I'm not suggesting gullibility, but to get it to work you need at least an open mind. Also, this is probably unlike anything you've ever tried before, so letting go of the suppositions when you read the book will be of value.

quote:
Everything you know is wrong. But some of it is a useful first approximation. <Eric S. Raymond>

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited May 12, 2004).]