My cousin got this book in 1995 and he started on it rightaway. His lifelong ambition was to become a pilot and as a result of wearing glasses he knew there is no way he could get a chance

It was amazing to see him go at it and we were left marvelling at this 13 year old's dedication and discipline. The progress was hardly immediate and he experienced slow and steady improvement each year. After the first year he was down to -4.75 and -4.50. The following year he was down to -3.00 for each eye. The third year he was down to -1.75 and -1.5 and the fourth year he was down to -0.5 and -0.75. He tried the thing the next 2 years without much success and then he decided to tone the regiment down. His eyes have not deteriorated anymore. Since then he decided his plans to become a pilot and is currently in medical school and wants to to specialize in opthalmology

Bottom line is that I have seen it happen and know it can be done. The dedication and discipline to follow through depends on how boadly you want something I suppose

Flutie