Hello Brian,

With your post, you have incited in me the need to know more on this polyphasic sleep cycle!!! I Should NOT have read your post, I have plenty of things to do as it is!!!

Personally, I've been curious about sleep reduction and lucid dreaming for many years now. I'd like to know your opinion as to the validity of modifying the sleep cycles so as to accomodate a standard 9:00 to 5:00 schedule. Maybe spreading sleep cycles with a longer time period, late night and early morning hours and 1/2 time periods at mid-day and afternoon. See the following:
10:30pm - 12:30pm
4:30am - 5:30am
11:45am - 12:15pm
5:30pm - 6:00pm
After the sleep cycle, include the 10 minute Supercharger paraliminal during the first 7 to 9 days so as to not feel the "hit" so hard.
Maybe, starting out with a total of 5 hours of sleep during a 24 hr period for 7 to 9 days, and bringing it down to 4 hours for the same span of time, then SHORTENING the period I indicate above even further to supply a total of 3 HOURS of sleep per 24 hour period! This is so that you can last longer on this sleep cycle before taking a "break" from it.
I will definitely try Polyphasic Sleep, however, I can't afford the mental "down" time. But I just don't want to wait until my vacation time to try it out. If it doesn't work, well, I'll try some other cycle.
This is why I thought of the cycles above.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." - Oscar Wilde