Alex,

How do we know that blurred is fine?

If the image is blurred then suerly it is more difficult for the brain to absorb the information. By definition if you blurr somthing then you are adding interference to the information.

The Hubble telescope had a fault on its mirrors causing interstellar images to be blurred. NASA had to correct this fault on the actual orbiting telescope as you cannot remove blurred interference from the image using filtering. This will be the same for the brain. While I agree that the brain could be clever enough to infer information from blurred text I think you are making it more difficult for yourself.

When I PR I see the page as crystal clear similar to that when viewing 3D stereoscopic images in the Magic Eye 3D book that was recently recommended by Pete Bissonette for practicing PR http://www.LearningStrategies.com/RecommendedReading.asp

I also perceive that time is moving slower when in the PR state, enabling me to absorb a lot of info. in a short time.

When I started PR my text was blurred but as I started practicing with stereoscopic images the blurring slowly went away and my PR has dramatically improved.

For what its worth I think that PR with blurred text is better than no PR at all but PR with clear text is better than PR with blurred text.

Mark.