I am personally a fan of entrainment devices. I've owned a light and sound device since early 1990. I view music like iMusic, Holosync, HemiSync, Dr Jeffrey Thompson and others as potentially useful in keeping the individual interested and their brain agile.

I can potentially help with studying and learning. However I also found that these devices work better if they are used as training tools and not as part of the process. So for part of PhotoReading it may be useful to train the mind to repeatedly move from Beta, Alpha, Theta at random because that is what happens during the activation stage. However flexibility is the key because the brain needs to respond to the material you are activating, not the music or entrainment frequency that may be too long ot too short at the right frequency.

There really is no entrainment CD developed for PhotoReading and the overriding factor is what the eyes are doing triggers the brainwave. So while you may be listening to entrainment type music your brain isn't only responding to the music if you have your eyes open. Even ordinary music entrains. It can relax or hype you up, it can make you feel happy or blue, it can inspire or dishearten.

There is music I could paint and be creative and there is music that would make me contemplative topaint and then there is music that would drive me to distraction. Music also entrains the mind not just the binaural beats or sound waves embedded in music.

If something like iMusic is helping you to maintain comfortable focus To me it sounds like a musical way of placing the tangerine at the top back part of the head.

As I've stated already, even the beginner will have the right brain waves for PhotoReading simply by going into PhotoFocus. So you don't have to rely on entrainment devices.

I personally have no objection to using them as training tools but I really cannot recommend them for PhotoReading itself. It becomes a reason for excuses. I don't have batteries for the CD I can't PhotoRead, I didn't bring the CD with me, it interupts the class and the wires interfer with the page turning.

PhotoReading and activation is a lot faster if you just follow the steps for a number of books. How many? Could be 3 or it could be 50 before you let go and allow yourself to shift into a new comfort zone for reading.

Alex