From what I understand, if you want to acquire some of the same characteristics as someone else, Instantaneous Personal Magnetism should help fill in the gaps. I don't have any experience with it, but it's supposed to help you when you want to "be like Mike"

Skills and talents are something else altogether. As someone in the computer industry who talks to all types of customers, I've spoken with some extremely technically proficient professionals, and I've spoken with others who shouldn't be working on a server in the first place. These are usually accountants or secretaries that are forced into the task because they just don't have an IT staff. It's very time consuming and requires a lot of patience to be able to help them, and they're usually very aware and apologetic of any technical shortcomings.

What I tell them is that they've most likely spent a lot of time learning to do what they do, just as I have trained and prepared for what I do. I wouldn't be able to just walk in cold and start doing their job either. Given time we could learn to do both jobs but how efficient is that?

All of us have inherent strengths and weaknesses. In an ideal world, we would all appreciate each other's strengths and not belabor the weaknesses. Someone once profoundly said, "No matter where you're at, there you are!"

If it were all only that simple....

[This message has been edited by Glenwood (edited April 27, 2002).]