I am now about to move on to Paul Johnson's History of the World from 1940-80 and have been thinking about my purpose.

I just PRed the book and my purpose is: I desire the information in this book so that I can fulfill my goal of becoming knowlegdeable about history. I would like to know what you guys think about this purpose. So what do you say? I could ask myself why do I want to become knowlegdeable about history, but I cannot come up with a better answer than that I think it is cool to know much about history. It is like why do you play soccer? Well, because it is fun.

Sometimes on this forum when people are having troubles defining their purposes they are asked how much time they are gonna spent, how important it is, what they want to do with the material, how many details do they need to know.

In my case I like history and I just want to know more. But I cannot exactly say what I am going to do with the information.

Furthermore, in the future, would it be ok to state that I desire 80-90% comprehension of the book? And what is 80-90% comprehension at all? I know that people are warning to "want all the information in the book", but how can the mind understand what 80-90% comprehension is? How is that the mind understands that you want only that much and not more or less?