quote:
If you best passing grade is an A+ great but watch out for that all or nothing thinking.

"Best passing grade" is firstly very vague, unprecise and secondly relative and reductive. In past I managed to set goals and reach them set in a realistic way: the ingredient was an appropriate studying. Where this "talent" has disappeared meanwhile, I don't know, but my heart says that the answer lies in what you called this "cognitive" mistakes, hence I repeat the question done a few posts ago on what you know about curing these.
"All or nothing thinking" is too exaggerated to depict my condition since A+ is not "all", and an A- is also not nothing. Nevertheless, I remain faithful to the famous quote "Aim higher than your target"

quote:
What are you going to do with the information after the exam?

Try remembering it for the next time I'll have to prepare a speech when I'm the president of the USA?

quote:
What does "fully understand" mean? (abstract wording) How do you know when you have reached "fully understand"?

When I have understood the contents, whether secret or not, of the historical events. When the why, who, where, what questions can all be answered and when I am able to transmit the book to someone else.

quote:
By knowing the instructor.

Where I go to highschool, exams are prepared in collaboration with different teachers of one subject, and corrected by different teachers of partner schools. It has always been like that. Hence, it is indepentent from the instructor. It depends only on the individual's intellect.

And here we are again at the beginning of the vicious circle.

Hence, I stress the question to which you didn't reply yet: what is this stuff on cognitive mistakes while studying?

If it has no connection with PhotoReading (which is actually the only change that occured in my entire life, followed by the bad marks), then what can it be?

Some genetically predetermined brain damage?

Thanks for your attention!