True success is not measured in a grade. It's how you feel about yourself.

The danger of reading books beyond what they set for you at school is you have an even broader view and your answers are not confined to to the same boundries as an instuctor. There is only one subject where ones answer can be worked out right or wrong ant that is maths. All the others are subject to the beliefs of the human mind asking the questions and deciding the answers they get. Their interpretation of what you write just as your interpretation of what you read is affected by your memories and other text that you have read. So any grade you get needs to be taken with a grain of salt. A pass is all you really need to beable to go to the next level of learning. No member of the public would ever grant any president an A+ for their performance in life and the more successful of them had learned from the greatest failures.

You learn more from your mistakes than getting it right everytime. That human failing also earns you a lot more respect than someone who always gets perfect grades has.

I've tried to overlook your defensive responses to my questions and suggestions. Because I know it's possible that your replies are not meant to come across that way. The written word lacks the reast of the comunication that our bodies provide. So what I percieve as righeousness on your behalf, might coloured by my perception based on my experiences. For this reason I've continued discussion. Thinking it is possible that you do sincerely want to learn PhotoReading.

However I continue to percieve that you want something to blame rather than considering my repeated suggestions that there is a learning curve for PhotoReading itself and you need to learn on books other than textbooks before apply it to school work.

What happened when you did the star of wonder exercise?

If you are learning PhotoReding from the book alone. You'll need more patience and persistance than you have applied. As I already said our interpretation of what we read, especially with traditional reading techniques is coloured by our personal expectations. It is quite possible that what you understand from the book is not what the book is telling you (PG 17 What you must give up in order to learn PhotoReading).

Unfortunately how to read a book is not taught taught in school. They discovered the reason for that here in Australia. Teachers never learned it in the first place. You cannot teach what one hasn't learned. That's why as much as 70% of students are unable to read beyond age 9 level. 80% of all the words you use were learned by age 14. Very few people go beyond that.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited May 12, 2005).]