Well, it's summer again, and school's out. But I'm already thinking about how I can act now to help make this upcoming school year even easier than the last one. For the last half of last year, I kept mind maps instead of linear notes for all of my classes except for AP Calculus and AP Spanish. I fiound them quite a help. Plus, they totally built up my ability to easily and spontaeneously use the technique for my benefit.

However, that was all confined to 8.5x11 Letter-ized paper. Many of my maps ended up getting cramped, and I would have preferred to have more easily viewed lots of information instead of habing to make new mind maps for similar information. The freedom of larger formats of paper is much to be desired, as Tony Buzan argues, but I have yet to find any means of implementing this in an organized way.

My question: How can I obtain a larger (and hopefully larger than just 8.5x14 legal-sized) binders and the appropriate hole-punched paper? There must be some way to obtain the right equipment! However, I'm wondering if it will fit in my backpack...

If you don't know how this would be possible, do you seasoned Mind Mappers have any other suggestions as to how to use the more limited size of paper in a more unlimited, free way?

Thanks,
Cameron

P.S. AlexK and anyone else who's seen me around before: I have a few other projects that I'm progressing nicely with now other than PhotoReading. In fact, I have temporarily given up PhotoReading because I was stretching myself too thin with new techniques I was learning. Additionally, feel that only recently, as part of improving my eyesight, have I started to relax sufficiently to allow the PhotoReading process to work for me and to persist with it. But within a few days, weeks, or maybe a month or two, I'll begin PhotoReading and activating per the current suggestions for becoming proficiient at it and making it a real habit. I'll also be calm enough to select books that I'd like to read, bt that I don't HAVE TO (fearfully) read because my life (or future) seems to depend upon it ;-) I'm glad I chose to stop because trying always trying to s.r/dip or rapid read my materials without ever getting consistent, thorough recall was really making me feel like I couldn't read and recall well at all. I've been reading at a slow pace that gives me good comprehension and enjoyment, and it's fine for now, though it could get tiresome during school if not improved.

But to improve it is exactly what I intend to commit to do just as soon as I am truly ready.

Cheers.