quote:
Originally posted by cipherion:
Well, this is a hot issue! 11 replies in less than 3 hours !!

Anyways, Alex, does this meen that if YOU ask yourself the questions, will your brain just prompt the answer "> ?!

And also, how accurate will be the answers you get from questions you're asked? If you read a complex book about logic, mathematics or history, with alot of equations and numbers, and the questions are not of true/false or MCQ type, but just (when was..., or how does, or explain...) type of questions, how good will you answer?

A third question that 670 * 10^3 wpm pete reads at, is this just about answering questions? If he manually activated those PRed material, what would be the net result? I aim to know what is the top limit of the PR on avarage.

Thx

That has already been discussed on this thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005275.html

For claification Pete did not Read at 693,000 WPM. He PhotoRead 693,000 WPM.

Frankly I doubt that he ever had an interest in activating the Patents. Rest assured the books that he does activate he would score even better than 70% He is even able to discuss them. He doesn't have to wait until someone ask him questions.

The reason Pete PhotoRead the Patents at 693,000 a minute, just for the heck of it to see if it could be done.

These days PhotoReaders are able to get into the range of 100,000 to 150,000 wpm with the computer equipment readily avialable.

For the questions, How accurate... How accurate are you now with reading. It varies with every book, prior knowledge, interest in the subject, how you feel will all have an impact.

Now if you want to save time studying I suggest that you follow the steps. Ingnore Petes speed because you can only get that fast on a computer the best speed attainable with a book is about 60,000 WPM.

PhotoReading is a way of getting your reading done faster. I suggest you learn it and do it that way first. Getting through a book in 30-minutes and being able to discuss it at the end of 30-minutes is a real resource staying ahead in your field.

Alex

Alex