quote:
Originally posted by Ken T:
Hi there.

Hmmm... Alex's post raises a couple of questions for me. (PS: I bought the home study course a couple of years ago, and while I haven't yet gone through the whole course, I've had plenty of experience with the actual PR step, and a number of "good news" stories)

Q1): I find PR on computer to be less comfortable than with a physical book, because of the need to break PhotoFocus to locate the onscreen pointer, or to swap between pages if PR'ing multiple files at once, etc. Any suggestions?

Prepare for it. Most often you use the keyboard. Page down and up and the spacebar works well in browsers and acrobat. In word doc postion the cursor over the page aadvance arrow in the scroll bar.

If you open multiple web pages then have your fingers positioned over the alt and tab key its faster than clicking on the next window than using the mouse key. If you have the multiple windows open in firefox or Netscape you find you advance by closing the windows so have the mouse on the X to close the tab. If you want to keep it open for activation have the mouse near the tabs it's not that much of a travel.

Getting back into state is quick so don't worry about falling out of state.

quote:
Q2): While I can flip pages on some books pretty quickly (2 flips / sec), I find that my speed is highly dependent on the physical type/size of book, thickness of page, etc. Sometimes I find myself trying to flip pages from the bottom or the side when I'm having difficulty. Again, any suggestions? (has anyone found one of those rubber thumbcaps useful in separating fine pages?).

Turn the book over if the pages if it's easier to turn from the bottom. Fan the book a couple of times helps to put some air between pages. Also remember to prepare your book new book for PhotoReading. Failure to do so can cause it to break away from their spine.

Alex