Hi,
Am wondering if I am direct learning to improve my abilities in a specific area, say communication skills, is it better to:
a) specify separate goals for each book I choose
(eg. for my 5 books, book 1 could be on listening, so stated purpose of photoreading that book would be: "to improve my ability to listen mindfully to what is spoken and unspoken so that I might get the whole message", book 2 could be speaking, so stated purpose of photoreading that book could be: "to be able to communicate clearly, eloquently, and confidently in stressful situations at work" and so on, for each of my 5 books),
or
b) just to specify the same specific but overall goal for each of the 5 books as "to improve my communication skills in my workplace so that I will confidently be able to get my ideas across to colleagues and customers",
or is it better to,
c) specify the same generic major goal for all 5 books as "to improve my communication skills at work",
????
Would really appreciate an answer on this one as all seem workable but which way is better for direct learning?
I find that when I am photoreading individual books with separate, specific, and unique goals for each of those books, things are clearer for me and I am much more focussed (whether I choose to activate that particular book or not later).
For direct learning, I find that if I just use a generic goal like, "to improve communication skills", I am not sure if my inner mind has been given adequate direction to do its work of direct learning.
Anyone understand what I am saying?