quote:
Originally posted by gallen:
[...I have found that the material being taught, and the teacher, can be two very different things. You can have a bad teacher, or a teacher with power that uses it incorrectly, but the system itself might be pure information that comes from before that teacher. In other words the material can be good, but the teacher can be abusing power. [/B]

Gallen said it! Why do you concentrate on a teacher instead of technique? You can find the exercises/techniques on web for free, and it's up to you if you're going to go along. And you don't have to believe in what anybody else says (especially about little green ones from Mars) to practice.

Cult is based on mind control/manipulation. I don't see how technique by itself controls my mind.

Plus, I don't think that this particular technique is that much different from other Chinese techniques. They're all based on slow movements and concentration. That's what really matters. All those qigong techniques (and others too) have the same core. You can add/remove/change something in technique, call it Clark's qigong and teach it to others trying to manipulate them, but that does not change what qigong really is. And it's definitely not a cult.