Hi Pete!
As I am not formally trained in the medical sciences, and my memory is not to be trusted 100% these day, I'll watch my step here.

However, as I understand it, an autoimmune dysfunction(/disorder) is where the immune system, in a state of grave confusion one might add, attcks a part of your body. An example would be in multiple scleroris, where the nerve-cells are being eaten by what really should be protecting them.

AIDS is, as Hel correctly points out, an Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, which -if science is to be trusted - is caused by a viral infection.

I am not intending to cause any suspicion about the effectiveness of Spring Forest Qigong here, as I do believe it has its merits and will definitely try it out in the future, just pointing out what I consider a mistake in the promotional material.

I am not even ruling out the possibility SFQ could help people afflicted with AIDS, even though, sadly, it might not be the cure we're all waiting for. AIDS is really tearing some of the worlds countries apart right now, and any endeavour to halt the spread of it and help the sufferers is to commended. More scietific studies into SFQ's effect on, say, T-cell levels, could be worthwhile.

Too bad there's no evidence suggesting Spring forest Qigong causes more people to wear condoms, though...

[This message has been edited by Airmonkey (edited May 22, 2002).]