With my physics background, I'm more inclined to believe the physics side of it (i.e. that there ARE energy channels running through the body). All energy originated from the Big Bang, however many billions of years ago that was (have they decided yet?). Conservation of Energy states that energy can't be created or destroyed, but it can be converted from one form to another. Einstein also stated that Energy and Matter are interchangeable (through his famous equation). Therefore everything in the universe originated from the Big Bang, so all the matter and energy are connected.

(Wow! Can I talk b****cks for Britain or what??? )

I am also inclined to believe that the reported miraculous healing powers of Jesus came from knowledge of a similar system to Qigong, Reiki or whatever.

How do we explain the creation of the universe if there is no God? Quantum mechanics. It's a crazy little microscopic world. It's also entirely possible (although it may seem unlikely) that our universe was created in a laboratory experiment inside another universe.

There's no direct proof that the universe was created in the Big Bang (although the evidence scientists have seem to point in that direction), but then there's no direct proof that God exists either.