Neo,
forgive me but I didn't read all the earlier comments.
You mentioned you are an Adventist and Adventists are not Christians, or something like that. Sorry, but I always thought Adventists were part of Christendom (or Christianity). What are Adventists then, a separate religion on to themselves?
You also mention not to bring up the Crusades, and perhaps we should not bring up the inquisitions and other negative periods within Christianity's 2000 years history. You mention not to bring up Catholics and Protestants; but isn't this all part of the Christian legacy and history; the one comes with other; the good comes with the bad; the left comes with the right; satan comes with God (but this is another topic for another time); darkness comes with light; female comes with male; tails comes with heads; south comes with north. It you throw one part out, then you will have to throw the other parts out.
Yes, there has been negative times (and plenty of it) in christianity's history; but, that does not make Christianity evil or bad, etc. There has been plenty of negative history in the name of Islam; but, that does not necessarily mean Islam is evil or bad, etc. And, the same could be said of all other religions, societies, groups and governments, etc. We do not deny of cut off our unpleasant history; we learn and grow from it; and, hope not to repeat it.
I know this is a very delicate area, but did you know that Chrisitanity played a big part in that dark period of human history under the Nazi (as you call it). And, it is streatching it a bit too far, to say the least, to say it was Dawinianism as the main cause!

Neo, I'm in no way attacking you or your beliefs. I admire your stance and frankness. As I've said before in my "Chi:the vital energy" comments (page 3 #59), I nderstand where you are coming from.

And WanderingBear, there is much I can say concerning your comments. Enough to say, lighten up on Neo.

However, take time to breathe ... and smile ....
God loves you all, and so do I ....