When I read the original post, my first thought was that this person doesn't know what qigong is, or they wouldn't have said that! For many, it is a new experience. Don't put a dark 'mysterious' possibility in this new experience. It isn't there, so don't go there... It is, what it is. Energywork to help you attain a natural state of being. A greater awareness of the truth of the universe.
Regarding seven steps, and balance.
Remember that your weight is already centered, and low, in the horse stance you stand in, for the whole set of exercises, prior to doing seven steps. Awareness of this grounded position helps, as you move to one leg, like the idea of sinking/centering mentioned, but, you are in fact already there from your previous position. I think the 'shift' is more important to pay attention to. Shifting your 'center', or aligning it over the one leg, finding that center, before you pick up your foot. Bringing your foot that you are going to lift, 'to' that center and up.
The movement can be very even. Height can stay the same, as you shift the center over one leg. Sometimes that 'sink' can help, doing it more with your heightened awareness and 'breath', than actually lowering your whole structure, which would put more strain on that one leg. Try sinking your breath/awareness down as you shift, maybe, even with the exhale cycle of breath. Let the energy sensation heighten down through your legs into the earth. Your 'ground' stablizes you. This can be your 'sinking', within the structure staying the same height. Sink the energy. Find your center. Raise the foot within that new centerline that you've established. It is important to move slowly, so you can come to the position, and not go over, and loose balance. Your feet are both planted in the previous postion of a 50/50 shoulder width horse stance. If you shift, and pick up your foot at the same time, it is easy to loose your balance. Rather, if you 'shift' your weight, first, find your centerline over your one leg, then move your free foot over, and lift up.. You can try this out of context of the exercise. Just do that shift and lift a few times to experience it. Remember too, that if you have done the whole set as given, you have been in a 50/50 stance for fifty some minutes. It takes some time in practice to shift out of that to one leg. It will improve with time. Standing on one leg is in many qigong/gungfu practices. The ability to stand on one leg is a basic. If you stood on one leg for some time, then put both feet down in a 50/50 position, you would feel a heightened sensation of being really grounded, with both feet down. More so, than if you always practiced just a 50/50 stance. In the martial perspective, you couldn't, in theory, kick, if you can't pick up one foot and stay balanced. Energetically, you should feel that free leg almost float up effortlessly, with the energy within coming up within the intention of the movement(energy moving up and down). Although I don't practice tai chi, I felt, through this movement, I understand how a kick would be done in that style. No tension, open,,,the leg almost floating up on its own, due to the energy, not a muscular lift. Also, the foot 'pointing' down, is relaxed, not a tension 'flexed' position. You should feel light, relaxed, and in an effortless state. Your feet are open, no tension.. You might think of that cylinder that you opened up in the first exercises, like a column of energy you are standing in... It extends into the earth and up to heaven. As the energy moves up and down in this exercise,in this column, you get to go along for the ride, with the energy helping you move effortlessly.
P.S. Shr33m,
I wanted to thank you personally for something you mentioned a few months ago, that I followed up on, and I experienced good results. Your email address is not listed. If you email me, I will be more specific, but otherwises, thank you. My current email is down, so I am temporarily using gallenbenson@yahoo.com.
Also, regarding the kinesiology... I think it is a good thing. Very useful, but I would want to mention that in higher levels of SFQ, psychic abilities can be developed to a high degree, regarding anything you would apply kinesiology to. The only challenge is the required study(meditation) to achieve a highly intuitive state. Kinesiology is more accessible, I am assuming, to more people at many levels. If one is focused in SFQ practice, and you pursue levels 3 and 4, as Master Lin has stated, it is a complete system. This is said in the fullest sense of the word complete. There are personal preferences and aspects that one can bring into one's SFQ practice, but in the long haul, all the technique and method is presented , to help one self heal, heal others, raise their level of consciousness, regenerate, etc.., along with developing one's psychic abilities to a very high level.
love,
gallen