Kev,
My only hesitation to this would be that the exercise itself has a certain goal and purpose. What you are doing is not wrong and is grate but it can also be done in a meditation all on its own. The focus of the exercise you started to connect with, that energy repelling and expanding is where you might want to focus most of your attention. There is plenty there to tune into, with regards to personal well being circulating energy, visualization and so on. I’m not suggesting in stopping it, just to not lose site of the foundation of the practice which should be the focus of your attention.

I started thinking that even if you were feeling healthy that this would not be a bad thing to add. Then it occurred to me that part of the focus of the exercise is to sense and build your internal chi energy. With all that is going on in the exercise you are also building upon your sensing ability. At least I think that is where the intention is intended to be, no pun. What you have done has allowed you to connect more with the energy; this should help you and can be used to refocus into the exercise.

The hidden benefits to the exercise as I see it would be as follows:
1) You connect with the energy.
2) Increase your awareness of the energy.
3) Relax breath slowly, adjust posture accordingly relax some more.
4) Slow movement down and focus awareness, coordinate breathing with movement.
4) Increase your sensitivity to the energy.
5) Increase you own energy storage capacity.
6) With all of that going on you are clearing blockages opening channels
7) Tap into the emptiness with your mind and clear the chatter.
8) Tune into grater awareness of purpose ect.
9) Building a stronger foundation from which to heal others.

I suspect there is probably more but this is just a few off the top of my head that I see that can be gained and focused on from the exercise.

Perhaps others have some comments or suggestions?

Much love to you all

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited September 30, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited September 30, 2003).]