Aloha Iam2,

It's interesting that the candle flame is white to you. Light one up now and tell me what you see.

When it's coming to the end time of the exercise, that's when you concentrate the column to a thinner core (similar to the ball of energy into a concentrated pill), and then as the last hand (right for men), comes down, I collapse and bring the energy/column down to the lower dantain, do the breaths focusing it there, and continue with the next exercise or finish with the harvesting of qi.

As for story time with the (sleepy)Grim's...

[GRAPHIC READ AT OWN RISK]

Picture Darcie waking up with my alarm in the morning and figuring she'd use the bathroom before me, she gets there and boom -mucus plug goes, bags of water breaks, and is immediately in transition labor.

Well I hop on the phone to the Doula and then watch as the contractions go from 5-7 minutes apart to 2 in over the next 40 minutes and when the back up Doula get there and takes over applying counter pressure, she asked one question and we head to the hospital.

The story (other than the accelerated labor), comes on the 20 minute car ride to the hospital in which I'm qigonging her when the contractions and the pushing hits her. She then is immediately able to center until the next one. It was funny seeing the doula in the back seat with Darcie noticing her being able to quickly center herself and then notice me qigonging her from the driver's seat. What is he doing and why isn't the labor pain longer? (She was the back up doula and had just heard a glimpse of qigong Darcie's work from our regular doula).

I wouldn't recommend intervening as much as I did, other than recommending visualizing Mom and baby safe in the sun, but since the backup doula thought it best to get to the hospital rather than have it there at home, and the fact that Darcie already wanted to push... I needed to keep the channels open, energized, and protect the space safe and non traumatized for both Mom and the baby.

ps. We were lined up for a water birth, but when we got to the hospital and our midwife checked Darcie and nixed that -she was complete and +3.

[time to head home]
Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 01, 2003).]