First the books:
Fasting can save your life, by Herbert M. Shelton.

Healers on Healing, edited by Richard Carlson.

Why...

Well Michael you know where I work. I took a stroll into the chinese area at lunch to buy some black sesame seed. Found them the first store I tried. I even bought two different black sesame seed snacks... one went straight into the garbage. Yuk! Tasted like ash. The other is fine.

I was heading to another store for some batteries for my tape player; need those for the smaller universe meditation at lunch. On the way there, I saw a used book store I'd never seen before. Not only used books, but all new age and the like books. After a few minutes of browsing I see there are some headings. One is Healing, so of course I have a scan.

Why these books? Well you know my germans work overtime. That's a left brain reference for the rest of you people. You also know that I'm committed to really doing this Qigong right. I think of my related dream from the retreat as least once a week. I've already picked up a book that surveys several different meditation styles. The Healers on Healing book is by the "Don't sweat the small stuff series". I have several of those... they are kind of sappy and common sense, but 1 out of 10 is personally useful. I figured that this is a good survey book on healing in general. I believe there is a great commonality to all healing. Here's a chance to get a tastes from many dishes in one book (about 30 articles by different healers).

For some reason Chunyi's comments about fasting techniques has stuck with me. One day fasting is common in many religions. The idea has popped up in my mind a few times, without queuing. Besides, it was only $3. The other book only cost me $7.

$10 bucks to feed my curiousity, if I every get some time.

Well, I've got a yin yan water and black sesame seed post to type before going to bed.

We have to get some face time Michael and bring Dan in on it too.

You are perfection,
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited October 02, 2003).]