Hi Starfish,
You are far from ignorant. Always feel totally comfortable with what you know, and are learning from SFQ. You are not missing out on anything, not knowing specifically about Falun Dafa. There are many different qigong systems out there. There is only one truth behind all this, and you are connecting to it through your practice of SFQ. Don't ever hesitate to contribute, you know more than most, as there are not many qigong systems that hold the possible accomplishment found in Spring Forest. Your example of humility and sharing of experience is refreshing.
BlackBox,
It seems you came here with choices already made. I wish you success on your path. I hear you say you are 'highly enlightened' about the wholeness/connectness deal, so please excuse my rehashing here.. With a blockage, like darkness under the eyes, there is a pathway to where it came from,,,the cause or source. 'Usually', the source is not physical. The physical aspects though, lead one towards the source, and the source is easier realized, sitting in a healthy body, or having the experience of getting to a healthy body through a practice like qigong. TCM is a valuable resource in moving along this pathway. Your actual kidneys might not be the 'source', but they are involved. If TCM wisdom connects that manifestation to the kidneys, as shr33m offered, you should take that as useful information, regarding an approach,,,,not necessarily the whole answer, an approach, an element involved.. Kidney, in the TCM , or Five Element Theory, entails alot of information that might hold keys to insightful realizatons. Working on a physical level is one way, or starting point to getting somewhere. Sometimes you hear the analogy of peeling an onion, as far as ones selfwork or selfhealing goes. Perhaps you are looking for the source or answer first. This certainly seems ok to me, but you might as well take care of some of the top layers while you seek this specific answer. I have found, through doing healing work, that once a person is clear physically, holds that level, and pursues inactive qigong or meditation, answers come. The system works.
Again, blessing to you on your path.
love,
gallen