BlackBox, you have made a decision to venture into something that may very well transform you body mind and soul. You could also consider that the work you do internally for yourself will be a gift to others for as you shift and grow you will affect those around you in a positive way. Through inspiration you may spark interest in them to pursue and commit on there own to a better well being through Qigong.

It sound to me that you have not fully committed to Falun Gung. If not then you may want to take this time to step back and revisit your goals. While Falun Dafa has its merits it is, within its exterior appearance of simplicity very complex and very internalized. The posture holds in Falun Dafa can be excruciatingly uncomfortable, this I have found is in total contrast to SFQ and most other systems for that matter. Falun Dafa is also a rigid system where you really need to focus 110% of your body mind and spirit.

I don’t want to give the impression of negativity to Falun Dafa I do have my own concerns and issues with system but like anything else there is something for everyone. I believe if one focused there intentions and time into the system that there would be some benefit as there would be for anyone focusing there time and energy into anything positive. The biggest thing that stands out about that system is the almost cult like secretive approach taken. It is understood that there are reasons for this as word of the government attempting to squash this system with persecution, torcher and violence continues. But unfortunately the extreme is taken within the system as to that system or method being the only way or path. There are many paths to be taken many opportunities and many options and definitely something for everyone. Variety is truly the spice of life.

I agree with Shr33m I don’t think that you will find what you are looking for within that system. In the long term possibly but definitely not immediately or short term by any means. The benefit I see with SFQ is that you take an “active” role with your health and well being. You are physically and mentally involved in moving energy within the postures in contrast to a more passive approach to empting the mind and holding uncomfortable postures. We have an amazing power within us that is tapped the moment we begin focusing our minds. Consider what happens when you have an empty mind and then focusing that to moving energy within yourself in order to remove, open and clear blockages. SFQ not only gives you an incredible tool and foundation towards well being but also one can grow from this and eventually help others as well. I don’t mean to but I am sounding like a sales man, my goal was to provide you with a broader picture to form your decision. Perhaps you can subtlety drop the hint of receiving the SFQ package as and Xmas gift to you, see if Santa’s list is completed yet. Who knows, even a partial contribution toward the gift is worth asking for, if anything this is the time to do it. Seize the moment if possible.

Whatever decision you make you will find that it is important to focus and stick with one system. Not so much because one system is better or worse than another but mostly because it is always better to focus ones energy on the one thing rather than many. Diverting ones energy ultimately can diminish the potential growth that can be gained in one direction. On the energetic side of the track the different Qigong systems have specific focuses and intentions for the flow of energy and between systems they may conflict. This is one of the reasons why it is important focus on one system.

I hope some of this was helpful, good luck with your decision and…

Wishing everyone a Happy and safe Holidays season.