Greetings and Happy New Year !
Blackbox, boomyboomy and ctaylor5072:
I recently read a brief article from the latest issue of the Yoga Journal magazine regarding dark circles, puffiness and crow's feet around the eyes that I wanted to share with you.

Below are the excerpts regarding dark circles:
"Ayurvedic practitioners believe that poor eating habits are reflected in the face, especially in the undereye area. Eating too quickly, consuming a lot of caffeine and cold drinks, and skipping breakfast can stress the digestive system, making it difficult for the body to absorb nutrients. Dark circles can also be caused by anemia and lack of sleep."

"Internal solution: Consume warm foods and beverages, and eat at least one tablespoon of ghee or olive oil every day to aid digestion. Eating, exercising and going to sleep at the same time each day will help regulate bodily functions and improve general health."

"External solution: Put slices of raw potatoes or apples on the area for 15 minutes every other day. The starch in potatoes and the potassium, B and C vitamins, and tannin in apples all help fade dark circles."

I think the practice of SFQ dovetails with the overall suggestion about the value of a well functioning digestive system, along with the other suggestions of eating, exercising and sleeping well.

As far as the external solutions, I am not one who normally puts pieces of fruit or vegetables on my face, but I did try the apples twice so far and they really did seem to lighten the area underneath my eyes. It also felt very refreshing.

Hope you find this helpful.