Hi,
As you have heard, there is a good, better, best to practicing qigong. I find that if I want to move past something, or get my practice to another level, it often takes more commitment to practice. The 'ideal', beginning practice is two hrs per day. It is not mandatory to do this , to benefit from qigong.
You can build up your practice over time, and make it as comfortable or easy a progression as you like. Remember the concept of life style, how many hrs there are in a weeks time of living. All the good and possibly not so good energy workings that transpire in that time period. Do you brush your teeth three or four times a week? How many times do you eat, and what?,,,,or what do you think about?? How is your posture and breathing, as you write this post? Are you thinking positively? Good energy and negative, or extra energy you don't need.. mindfulness, awareness...
You are not doing anything wrong. Your cup is half full with a good starting practice of SFQ. I think you should build your practice to everyday, and put out a new message regarding your self perception of that practice. Move it to a healing perspective, and a positive message. Change what it takes to make it a positive practice for you, and practice more. SFQ does not make your health worse. It improves your health. One can experience discomfort in that process, or symptoms amplify. Use common sense, along with will power and focus. Once you put the message out, of 'completely clear', hold your focus to that vibration. Your mind can undo what you gain or clear, quite easily. A sensation, again involving common sense, can be experienced as healing, or pain reverting to a worsened condition. Your consciousness can move the energy either way.
love,
gallen