Hi,
It is best to keep this concept very simple. That is the beauty of many of SFQ's concepts and method.
Seeing the five organs as those colors, and putting in messages or signals, can happen in a few seconds. "My blood pressure is back to normal." That's it. A statement of intention to seal the deal.
You spend the time in an exercise session, you did the work. Don't even go to wondering if you visualized effectively. Just apply yourself as best you can, and 'KNOW' that you were successful. At the end, or during your exercise, these brief messages are simple, to the point, charged with intention, and very clear.
From my experience, it seems the greatest challenge to people, is self doubt within this simple techniques. Long distance healing comes to mind again too. Visualizing something, and trusting that you indeed did it.
How you frame the signals or statements is not critical. Stating or visualizing a target number, or saying a simple statement, like "All my blood levels are back to normal, or normal", etc, all works. Even if doubt creeps in, you still did some good work. Good, better, best. There is not an all or nothing, good or bad, result.
Look at your initial post, and observe your statements. Look at the "I have this or that", or my BP is this or that." These are statements, messages too. Selfhealing is manifesting health. What ideas are you holding. What messages are you stating about yourself. What are you manifesting?
Change the language, change the ideas, change the message. As Iam2 says, qi follows the mind, or the mind moves the energy.
In regards to the yin and yang, the idea is yin, and the manifestation of that idea is yang. You can not have the manifestation, without the idea. In the same way, with an existing condition or blockage, if you take away the idea, the manifestation breaks down.
Sometimes the manifestation or blockage takes awhile to break down or clear. You 'hold' the idea, the focus, the clear intention, the message, throughout the healing process. Feel it as accomplished, complete, in the heart. After the statements, "feel(heart)" it as done, accomplished. Fully and completely own your new state of health with no blockages. It is another little shift to feel it as done. Perhaps a state of joy and completeness.
Also, often, when you do something with a master, or higher level practioner, you experience whatever you are doing at a more effective level, due to their energy and level. It isn't that something works with 'them', and not for you by yourself. Often, whatever you do is heightened in the presence of a master. It still happens for you, even if you don't feel it as strongly or see it as clearly. Trust that, and just do your qigong.
love,
gallen