Jeanne,
I wanted to add something to this thread that your post brings to mind. Thank you.., and,
offering help is never out of line.

Taking a specific technique, and matching that to a specific, most likely diagnosed condition is sort of flying blind. There are two concepts that a 'complete' qigong system takes care of. Balancing your energy, and clearing your channels/meridians/organ systems, how ever you want to reference that clearing part. Note that the statements and visualizations are part of an exercise session. Although you can do them anytime, they are best, in conjunction with a complete practice that address's your whole being. You are also in a heightened sense of focus, clarity and relaxation. More open to touch yourself energetically/effectively.
None of the organ systems, which I include any aspect of channels/meridians in that, is separate, or isolated. It all connects together. Isolating a particular part out and giving that a spin, doesn't address overall balance, or, 'preventively', cover what you are unaware of, as far as blockages and relationships within these systems go. You can practice SFQ qigong, without a diagnosis, or previous awareness of a condition, and have that condition clear, without any awareness of the work you did. This aspect of qigong as a preventative practice, is very key to utilizing it. Again, also the fact that it balances the 'whole' system, and, in a way that works with these interconnected systems. Isolating a specific is okay to do, say with level II technique, or where your focus is in an exercise(maybe putting those signals in during any given exercise), under the umbrella, or within, a complete practice.
Even if on a given day I do a specific visualization or message to reinforce a specific, it still is within my 'lifestyle' practice of qigong. At some point, in the cycle of a day, I am going to do a session of active qigong. The dots connect in my lifestyle practice,,,,,I keep coming to sessions on a daily basis that balance my energy, set everything in order again...
love,
gallen
love,
gallen