This is a good question, and one I haven't seen on the forum before.

I don't have the answers but I'll share some of my thoughts.

First I believe the main idea of "not expecting anything in return" is fundamental. It is the BEST in the good, better, best in your attitude for helping people. If you come from a place of love your giving is unconditional... including payment. Maintaining this mentality, is something I believe is most valuable in advancing your own energy and increasing the effectiveness of any energy you direct. So if you want to be the Best SFQ healer you can be, then I believe you must live completely with this belief.

Now the dilema, if I'm able to help people and would want to I must spend time preparing and doing it. However, I have mine and my family's needs to attend to. I can hear that voice in the back of my head saying, "do good, and trust in the universe to do good for you". Perhaps when I've truly master SFQ it voice be a voice, but a deeply held belief.

As for charging for it, there is no strict rules. However, Master Lin (maybe with the new SFQ Guild) are developing a something like a practitioners certification (Shawn will correct the title). The are conditions for obtaining this; things like completing all levels, maybe a time of practice at SFQ, maybe certain things that must be demonstrated, but definitely a week-long (I believe) practicuum with Master Lin, where you will or will not recieve your certification (or whatever it is called). This isn't an attempt to regulate the practice, but an early attempt to give potential clients a way of differentiating between someone how has done the levl I course for a month (not that time is an indicator of ability) and someone that has demonstrated ability to the Master of the system. It's just from the outside, there is currently the master Master Lin, his one student recognized as having attained mastery Master Nance, and then all the rest of the students lumped together.

To sum up my beliefs, I don't know of any reason that's you can't charge for the services you provide. However, I can think of a few reasons why you might choose not to charge. Finally, there is some effort being made to help people who wish to acquire the benefits from a SFQ practitioner.

After that last statement, I have to say that it's no small matter that Master Lin is willing to teach his system, and that he has been willing to embrace such non-traditional teaching practices. Thank you Master Lin, from at least one student who doesn't live in the Minneapolis area.

SilverStar you are perfection,
Iam2