Hi Jenny:

You know, I really sense that if you're priorities are right (and from what I can see, you have a good handle on them), a way will be provided for you to get the type of certification training (if that is necessary where you live) that would make it quite viable for you to be paid for your Qigong healing, as well as your other healing services.

As professionals in any healing arts, we need to understand that we are providing a service, that while it may not have a physical manifestation, such as sweeping a floor or flying a jet, still provides value to people. We still have bills to pay, families to feed, and need a place to live (and sometimes we need office space as well, and that is not given to us, in most instances, for free). Money is a medium of exchange of value - nothing more. You provide money - others provide value to you. Vice-versa as well.

You also have what is termed a "hot-market" because of all the family members you have for whom you do Qigong healing. Perhaps you don't charge them, as family, however, if they are aware of the service you are providing for them, I'm sure each and every one of them would be pleased to spread the word about any and all of your healing services.

So if your other healing services are in demand, and you are then able to build your healing practice, you will eventually have the funds to travel wherever it takes to acquire the full certification for the Qigong as well. I do not see impediments there, and would suggest you can also facilitate this for yourself by seeing that clear path ahead of you.

Which leads me to offer an answer regards when you feel your clients have "turned off" the healing you have provided when they leave your office. Perhaps it would be permissible (and highly desirable), while doing the healing, for you to "suggest" to them that the emotional problem behind the chemical imbalance has also been released, and will stay released, because their mind will now find better ways to handle the situations that might be triggering any negative chemical reactions. Give a good listen to how Paul Scheele uses this kind of language on his paraliminals for guidance here. The best suggestion I can make is to keep all "suggestions" framed from the positive side - no negatives.

It is a growing certainty that the healing professions who encourage their clients with positive suggestion do much more good than those who ignore that tool. Even a doctor prescribing a medication will have a much greater healing impact on his/her patient if they provide the suggestion of the benefit of the medication, along with the medication.

This was not meant to lecture you, but to encourage you to move forward on this. I hope you will understand that. I think what you want to do is just wonderful, and I wish you every success in your endeavours, because of your honest and positive approach to your healing abilities and love in your heart for everyone.

Cheers!
Unis

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited January 25, 2006).]