I'm having a few problems with PR. I have known about it for about 3 years, but only got the book last Friday. Ok, so I know I cannot master the technique in 4 days. But how do I know when I'm in the accelerated learning state? How do I maintain the tangerine technique? Do I have to be in a totally quiet room with no distractions? I have a very short attention span when reading normally - the slightest noise can put me right off.

I have no problem whatsoever in maintaining the 'blip' page - I have always been able to do that, as far as I can remember. I can identify with what Paul wrote in the book about looking at a tiled floor and seeing the 3D effect, having done that myself countless times.

I also have a very open mind. Having read about countless people who have had results from PR, I am certainly prepared to believe that it works (as a graduate astrophysicist, I have been trained to believe in things that can be proved!).

As a simple matter of self-belief, I am going to say that I know PR will work for me eventually. With a bit of luck, sooner rather than later, because I've got my 7th and penultimate module of my M.Sc. in Information Systems starting soon!

I suppose I'd better get some practice in!