Could not have said it any better Weight30Doug!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

quote:
Originally posted by weight39doug:
I think what he means is that you would have an advantage without your glasses in that you won't be to conscious of what you are reading (why? because you can't see it as well so your critical mind won't be getting in the way trying to analyze the information you are photoreading.)

But he is also worried that your mind won't be able to properly process the information that is being photoread (why? because without your glasses your vision isn't as clear. So what might be going into your subconscious mind might not be comprehendible because its out of focus.)

A lot probably depends upon how bad your eyes are. My glasses are really strong so I personally have to read with them(unless peripheral vision is different Pete?). I am curious now about whether the rods and cones in the inner eye are effected differently by nearsightedness.

Nevertheless what I am trying to say is that if you decide to use your glasses maintaining the blip will become easier over time. It really does become second nature with practice (although it can be a challenge in the beginning).