There are a bunch of different techniques for turning the pages. The one in the home study course helps you to turn single pages at a time, as opposed to getting clumps of pages. If you can turn the pages with another style, do it! One flip every two seconds (i.e., one page per second) should be slow enough where you can keep yourself relaxed while turning pages. Play with it! Just get used to turning pages while keeping your muscles relaxed!

You do not keep your attention on the tangerine the entire time. The tangerine is a trick to help focus you briefly. Once centered, or focused, you can forget about the tangering. It simply serves to focus and center the mind, and relax your gaze (shifting your perspective a little) so that it is a little easier to soften your gaze and view both pages at the same time.

I was able to start getting the word game with the dictionary the first or second time that I PhotoRead the dictionary, but I had to play with a few words before I started to get "hits". It's a neat game that helps show that something is ha[[ening during the PhotoReading stage, but is not essential. If you really want to start having greater success with the game, I would suggest taking an "I don't care" attitude to the game. Just play with it, have fun, and remember that all of this is only a game. The more fun you have with the system, the less you become ridgid with it, the easier it will be to learn, and the more you will have success with it.