I'd relax. Like you, I am a very left-brain" person (my degree was in physics and I currently work as a software engineer). I've been using the PhotoReading system for a couple of years now and I have found that I achieve the greatest success when I allow myself to enter a "flow" state, becoming completely absorbed in what I am PhotoReading/activating, and just play with the material. One of the underlying concepts of PhotoReading is that it is a natural ability, which you already possess. The system allows you to direct the vast resources of your "inner mind" to accomplish the learning that you are undertaking.

You might have to release some of your desire for instant gratification in the learning that you do with the system, allowing the material to gel in it's own way. With highly rule driven individuals, I think that the need for control of the learning situation shuts down some of the subtler promptings from the subconscious. I know that for the longest time I found being in a state of unknowing to be intolerable, and would revert to my old learning paradigm - sequential, but secure. When I finally learned to release my self-imposed limitations, I found that the PhotoReading system really started to work for me. A couple of resources that you might find helpful is the book _Natural Brillance_, by Paul Scheele, and _The Einstein Factor_, by Win Wenger.

quote:
Originally posted by rmathes:
didn't do so well with the dictionary exercise. In fact, I failed miserably. Didn't get any even close to correct. Should I listen to tape 1 again and keep trying until I improve my results, or should I move on to tape 2?

I'm a very left-brain oriented guy, but I really want this to work and I'm trying to approach it in an affirmative way. I'm wondering if it'll take me a bit more time to break through my left brain dominance.