I don't really think it's important WHAT we believe but WHY we believe it.

Whether it's religion, philosophy, science or whatever- we are going to learn more about all these things everyday of our lives and what we "believe" is probably going to not so much change over time but expand continuously.

When we learn something or pick up a new viewpoint, what we learned isn't new, it was already there waiting to be discovered by you. The information didn't change, what was available didn't change but your awareness changed.

The word "changed" is really a poor word though. "Expanded" is a more accurate word. Have you ever met someone you haven't seen in a few years and you were surprised by how much they've "changed?" They didn't change at all. Aspects of them that you remember are now dormant and new characteristics that you don't recognize are now active. They expanded.

I think it's most important to know why you have a belief. What are you doing with it? Why even think about it? What's it's purpose? What does it serve? Where is it taking you?

I find it useful to deturmine if an idea can stand alone without my belief in it. Then I know I've found a truth. I can feel the wind, I can feel the suns rays, I can be still and know peace. But if I'm angry I need to look at things in a certain way in order to even be angry so it's not a truth, it's just a program. It's a set of ideas that all give rise to an idea. By itself it has no reality.

The problem with everything I've said here is that you can argue endlessly about the semantics or about "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" type statements. That's why I stick to usefull things. If it's useful, I use it. If not, I'm too busy using the useful to ponder or debate the unusefull.