Quote:

I think it's not a good idea to merge disciplines that are fundamentally different.

I love this forum. It's so much fun.

There are so many directions this thread could go now. We could talk about how science changes one funeral at a time (from Max Planck). Or how people have so much invested in their belief systems (such as x years of education and x years of research).

But here is the second part of my first post. While I was thinking about the possibility that science and religion are both partly correct, I was walking my dogs through this huge nature filled canyon by my house (which, by the way is frequented by a pack of Coyotes. A small female almost always comes to see me and I can usually feel her prescence before I can find her. I think she can feel my presence when I arrive. In the past I have had my awareness shift inside her head, and I could see through her eyes, and feel through her body.)

Anyways, my consciousness sometimes shifts to another (presumably) higher state when I walk here. I focus on my breathing. Then I focus on the sounds of my footsteps. Then I focus on the sounds around me like the birds and the insects. By this time I am in a much deeper state.

In this state, I find that I can focus on or "scan" things and understanding seems to come to me. I understand things to a level that does always translate back to words. This is certainly not the scientific method, but after all, how did people like Einstein come up with special and general relativity (it looks like he worked backwards from the answer) or how did Tesla come with the many, many things he invented.

Coyote