Thanks for the great link. I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks so it's great to be back again!
Re. intelligent design - I didn't realise how there were branches of it which were actively seeking to distance themselves from Creationism. Ironically, however, it doesn't matter whether your "intelligent designer" is the God described in Genesis, a neo-buddhist idea of an "intrinsic intelligence" or a UFO - they are all still concepts at the end of the day and are equally unprovable in a scientific sense. But we've already debated that one exhaustively on another post haven't we?!
I love the way ID/Creationists always say that Darwinism is a theory and can therefore be disproved. What they don't realise, is that by definition in science all theories must be substantiated (as Darwinism has been). Which means that Intelligent Design isn't even a theory as it cannot be substantiated - it's merely an hypothesis.
Oh well. I'll carry on believing in my teapot in the sky because it makes me feel better!
best wishes
Ingrid :0)