Part 2 continued here:

I personally don't think that belief is more than a shaping tool. Like any thing that is given power by thinking of it, or utilizing it, it does have a certain amount of conscious awareness in itself...anything that is energy has self-consciousness, even a miniscule thought. But when a physical body utilizes a thought (belief) to pull together physical matter and events into being it becomes a tool to shape things with. It must have human direction. If it were more than a tool, we would call it a god and worship its power in a church or something.

Fortunately, when I was about 35, I accidently found out through some reading that I could actually CHANGE a belief. and I found it to be one of the most time consuming and difficult things I have ever done in my life. I changed a belief from being a stupid accademic failure, to a college graduate. I changed my beliefs about myself...and my abilities...I became a Reiki Master, and I actually have a bachelors degree in metaphysics....I have been a photoreader for 8 years, too. These labels are the installation of what I would RATHER believe about myself over what I and all my family KNEW I was...just a stupid female upon whom a college education would be wasted. I was suppose to marry, have kids, and be looked after all my days...Beliefs change...and so does reality because of that change...I just did it on purpose. Beliefs are not set in stone, and they do not insist on living your life...for you...YOU choose what you want to believe within the area of the larger human creature entity that is set for the world reality that you have chosen to occupy. There IS no simplistic approach to belief systems..every little cell of your body, Is affected by YOUR beliefs...and also, your body is mine, as well...so your beliefs COULD have an effect upon my body as well...and yes they do. Love ya! =o)