Hello everyone...

Re. Santa Claus, I thought he was created by Coca Cola sometime in the early to mid twentieth century for commercial reasons! (now was that before or after they took the cocaine out of it?!) He was actually based on an earlier Catholic Saint Nicholas I believe. Ever wondered why Santa wears red and white?

He is pretty much an American creation adopted by some other countries. In Austria and Germany, for example, he doesn't exist in the way he would in the States or here in Britain. In those countries it's supposedly a baby Jesus (Christkind) and angels who bring the presents on Christmas Eve (not Christmas day).

I thought I might add another angle to the discussions which have emerged about perception/creation of reality. I think "belief" is not necessarily always the same as "perception". Also, if children do "believe" in e.g. Santa Claus up until the age of 6, why does Santa not exist thanks to that shared belief? (there are a lot of under-six year-olds out there) Do things only "manifest" if believed by adults? Why, is the power of children's belief in Santa substandard to the power of a post-six year-old's NON belief in Santa Claus? If their belief is not substandard, then where are all the dragons and witches and ghouls? Generally in the case of such things as Santa Claus and fairy tales etc. I do actually think that there is room in the world for fiction and symbolism. Just because an idea exists, doesn't mean that it has therefore automatically manifested literally in "reality", or is even going to.

Returning back to the original topic of conversation - Evolution and Creation. Perhaps women weren't therefore literally created from the rib of a guy called Adam, just because someone wrote it down a long time ago?

Ingrid ;0)