My problem with Centerpointe is for two main reasons:

1) I had used the Monroe Institute Hemi-Sync products for quite a while and had such great results that the Centerpointe appeared to do nothing. Also their theories made no sense because you don't have to wait years to go "deeper," I'd gone much deeper with the Hemi-Sync and was probably already at their last level after only a year or so of Hemi-Sync. Also anyone can program BWgen or light & sound machines to go "deeper" without waiting. Also, there was no negative stuff with Hemi-Sync, no emotional upheaval, and I went on their site and saw LOTS of complaints. You can go very deep and still be happy. As a matter of fact some of the Hemi-sync products, like Deep 10 Relaxation had the result of making me feel really content and happy during the day and having lucid dreams and OBEs at night. Who needs upheaval???

2) I hated Centerpointe's marketing. "For two weeks only, we have this ONE time special!" "But wait, there's more!" Every week, they'd waste trees on infommercials on paper. Very desperate for business.

I did keep trying to see if it did anything, but found it was just removing all the positive effects of the Hemi-Sync, so I put it aside and went back to Hemi-Sync. I like to be happy and have lucid dreams. I don't want or need emotional upheaval. That simple.