No, that makes sense, HF. I appreciate that answer. I am coming to some of that realization already.

I must admit that when I first heard Chunyi Lin say in Level I that many high level qigong practitioners do twice as much sitting meditation as active exercise, I was surprised. But now I can see the truth in that.

I too have practiced Qigong for some years (though not many and not many different systems, only about 4). And though I think I opened up some channels through my practice, I also was lax in my practice for intervals of years in between.

So where I am now, I do need some of the active exericise to open me up (and I also need some exercise in general! I have begun to get back into my Tai Chi Chuan sets. I have not begun the fast sets yet (from Tung Family, Yang Style), but I am doing my slow set right and left and short set of broadsword).

But I read you loud and clear and intuitively I know you are correct.

In terms of time alloted, I always try to make sure I do at least a one to one ratio of active to sitting (or standing) meditation. Many days I do one to two active to meditation. And I can see and feel that it is in the meditation where the real work is.

Thanks for your input and for sharing your experience and learning.

All the best,

Steve

blessings,

Steve