Okay, this is the thing. Since I was a baby I've naturally had spontaneous lucid dreams and OBE's (out of body experiences.) About five years ago or so, I began to research these subjects and discovered the Monroe Institute and the Hemi-Sync products. I discovered that certain CDs, and not necessarily the ones that are advertised to do so, were directly helpful at inducing more of these experiences which I enjoy a lot. They also had the side benefit of giving me this sometimes almost giddy feeling of happiness. Everything was right with the world. Even while stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, life was beautiful. At any moment something wonderful could happen, the doors to the world seemed wide open. Maybe I was producing huge amounts of endorphins, I don't know what was happening but I liked it. So I thought, if this is good, let me try some other things and get even more of this.

So I tried a variety of different products including Centerpointe. I tried Centerpointe for a couple of weeks while I stopped the Hemi-Sync. I completely stopped having lucid dreams and OBEs. Life was mundane again. Traffick sucked. Little things started to irritate me. I wasn't happy anymore. I stopped the Centerpointe and went back to Hemi-Sync. And slowly it all came back. I'm not sure what the benefits of Centerpointe were supposed to be, but I prefer being happy, enjoying life and having lucid dreams and OBEs.

I still tend to procrastinate and avoid doing things I dislike, but at least I'm happy. But that's my personality. I choose pleasure over pain. Every once and a while I will give Centerpointe a good college try, but each time it has the same results. It makes me less happy than I already was. So what's the point?

I'm naturally pretty happy without all this stuff, but Hemi-Sync increases it even more and allows me to enjoy and research lucid dreams, OBEs and other states of consciousness. Life can seem magical. I smile when I'm stuck in traffic. Maybe I'm just high on my own endorphins, but I like it, what can I say?

I've tried lots of brainwave entrainment products for inducing altered or higher states of consciousness including Kelly Howell's Brain-Sync, William Buhlman, Tom Kenyon & Brian Paulson, Dane Spotts (another waste of time), Dick Sutphen and Jeffrey Thompson. Besides Hemi-Sync, I have had the best experiences with Jeffrey Thompson's products, especially Theta Meditation System CD #2. I've also had some interesting experiences with Anna Wise's "High Performance Mind" and strangely enough, Aeoliah's "Anchoring Your Light Body" which is very "new-agey" but effective.

So, I've done a lot of research and discovered what works best for me. I put in a lot of time and money because it's something that really interests me, but if I can make recommendations to help other people save time and money, I try to.

To me, Hemi-Sync users are like Mac users and Mac users will know what I mean. It's something they defend and care about. It's not just another computer, it's special. Hemi-Sync users usually feel the same way about Hemi-Sync. It's just the best.