Dream:

Sorry to hear you are not pleased with Holosync.
A few thoughts if I may.
You said: "I've never heard of meditaton involving sufffering"

How odd!

In fact if your meditation includes ONLY good feelings then it seems to me that you are not growing. I'm not saying that meditation only involves suffering but considering that you seemed to feel only good things from your other brain entrainent devices it sounds more like you are merely being "entertained"

I don't mean to sound harsh.

Actually for myself the Holosync also started out as....well...unimpressive.
However Bill states over and over: "Let whatever happens be okay" Its quite possible that even though it seems like it's your conscious mind telling you that they "dont work" it may in fact be your ego urging you not to go any further. The ego, that part of yourself that wants to keep you safe and free of pain and does very little for you as far as personal growth. In fact often holds you back...in your safety zone...so to speak.

In fact for a long time I felt nothing, except a great impatience for each listening session to be over. Being a stubborn so-and-so I stuck with it. Even then, it took several months before I noticed a difference. NOW I can say: "What a difference!"

Sometimes when you are walking in the fog the only thing to do is to keep walking until it clears...and see where you are:-)