Hi all,
I have helped more than one person facing life threatening physical issues. One aspect that goes hand in hand with serious illness's, is that there are almost always multiple things going on, on the helping side. They usually are receiving a doctor's care, medication, and often too, might be engaged with a few alternative healing choices/systems. Very rarely,do I find a singular focus on qigong, by the person, for instance, who has something like a cancer. I did have one situation, where this man had prostate cancer, and refused medical treatment. Even then, along with me helping him via SFQ technique, he also changed his diet dramatically, and saw on rarer occassions, a few other alternative healers. This person no longer has cancer and is fine. He views my help as primary and critical, but I don't ,as much as I view his attitude was critical. He was the perfect person to work with. He had 'no' doubts what so ever, that he could clear himself. He healed himself. I didn't heal him. And, who knows what came into play, and from where... I do feel that my part helped, and was important. More so,,,,he got it. He was positive, focused, and did it. He would make any decent healer look good! He just needed some good effective technique and support. I feel absolutely no urge to claim qigong healed his cancer. I believe that qigong was 'the' most effective ingredient, and I don't care what anyone else believes. It is not my role or desire to spend energy in that direction. The work itself is enough.
I have seen a number of situations where someone very ill, gets well .
The final "you're okay", comes from the doctor, not usually from the alternative healer. The process tends to base in the allowance to engage in qigong from the doctor, and also, the final pronouncement of being healed. There are also many legalities to avoid, while in process, that gets into specific words, and what you claim or say. Excuse me, but I don't want anything to do with that conversation. Again, I am glad there are medical qigong masters like Master Lin, transforming that,,,,,and,,,,that is a specific calling I didn't get! I am interested in helping people as I can find time to do so, but it is not my interest to sell it, market it, or convince anyone of anything. Time is too short, there is plenty of work to do without having to go there.
When success happens, it is often inside a jumble of other efforts going on. Making a statement accrediting qigong to someone's healing success is often not that clear. It is the nature of the way it is, especially with more serious illness's, that almost always involve other 'things'.
I would also say that most people don't share small success's, perhaps feeling their lack of impressiveness.
I read a definition of qigong once, speaking of it as a process, that returns one to our original perfection. I like that definition, and goal. Although a primary focus of SFQ is relative to medical qigong, there is much more to the practice, and more to qigong as both a concept and lifestyle. It is such a broad term, that 'could' be viewed as including ' every other practice or view point', as it goes beyond the practice, the specifics, to just being who we really are. You are looking for specific, more dramatic results about a piece of the practice(not that, that piece isn't important), and perhaps assuming everyone as having the same practice and involvement with SFQ.
I have never really read any of the success stories that come up. The proof for me is in the doing.
love,
gallen