I don't really percieve Technology as being Science's Sister. You can arrive at Technology through Music, cooking recipes, politics, law, photoreading etc. Although called a Applied Science methinks that is a very limited concept. It will encompass science but is not limited to it.

Also don't see that Science is getting beat up here. As with all perceptions, everyone sees the reality of science as being somewhat different.

One of my perceptions of Science is a bunch of guys in lab coats slowly puttering around the american cancer society collecting $750,000 a year salary. What a great job of marketing. Now when I see money raising events for them I avoid them like the plague.

When I hear of Scientists for food companies developing digestion blocks and keep their customers hungary so they will purchase more food, becoming obese and not getting the nuitrition from food and then have to purchase vitamins and supplements to get what they really need, what am I suppose to think?

Science is somewhat like a gun. It can be used as a weapon or for peace keeping. It is also a very valuable subject to the world as a society.

You also might thank the media for portraying the evil scientists the way they do. Only the bad ones get the media exposure. The rest of the good guys don't sell any news.