Well I was just pointing out that being frustrated while reading certainly doesn't help your comprehension. And being relaxed does help process information better. A brain in Alpha frequency or lower learns more quickly and efficiently than in Beta. Don't fall into the trap of checking if you really are in Alpha or whatever; just do the count-down exercise that Paul provides in the book. It's good enough to relax. You will know when you are relaxed, because you will FEEL that way. So yes, relaxation is an important part of learning in general. A calm mind = a calm body = a calm soul, which means you absorb information more quickly and effortlessly. You are more focused and alert when in a relaxed state. I even do my work better that way.

But of course, the most important thing is this: do what feels best for you, as long as you are having fun with the process and don't stress anything. Then the results start coming in. People tend to over-analyze the steps and get upset and frustrated when it doesn't go right the very first time. Relax, you are shifting your reading paradigm. That doesn't happen overnight, you know. Allow yourself to enjoy the process. Everyone makes mistakes, just don't beat yourself up for it.

Greetings,

Tom.

P.S.
"Whether you think you can, or you can't, either way you are right" - Henry Ford.

Last edited by TomV; 11/18/06 08:06 PM.