Quote:

I would like to know more about the blip scientifically how, and why, it works because, my mum is saying why do you need a blip page ?

Because humans have two eyes, we are capable of perceiving the same object from slightly different angles. This enables us to have "3D vision", since we can perceive depth, as well as width and height. So, every time you look at something with both your eyes, you are actually seeing it two different ways, one slightly from the right side, the other slightly from the left. In normal focus, the two images are superimposed directly over each other, and the object looks whole and in 3D.

But when you relax your eyes and see the blip page (or third finger, etc), you are perceiving the un-combined images of what each of your eyes independently.

Try this: when you see the blip page, close one of your eyes. You will see what the open eye perceives. Then close that eye and open the other eye. You will see a "shift" of the image, because the other eye is looking from a different angle. The open both eyes. The two images maintain their separateness, and the over-lap results in the blip page.

The purpose of this "photo-focus" in PR is to encourage you not to put conscious effort in reading the page. But to me, it is not required. It's fun if you can do it, but it detracts from the higher purpose of reading. The information on the page is being registered by your other-than-conscious whether you look at the page with photo-focus or with regular focus.