Recently I saw the Davinci Code with Tom Hanks in it. As a movie I thought it was pretty good as a mystery/adventure. Sort of in the same vein as "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage.

The story goes on with physical clues and documentation regarding the blood line of Chirst and that this would shake the very foundation of the Church. The finding of the Holy Grail.

This left me less than satisfied because the blood line of Christ doesn't mean that new faith will be restored or miracles will happen. It only produces a pedigree....maybe.

Does this then mean they would have claim to all the property and buildings and wealth owned by the Churches? Not likely.

So what is the point of this whole story if nothing in it really matters. The truth has been rewritten and lost to time.

I think the real story is lost and not seen. The story of healings, long distance and close by. The talk of bringing the dead back to life. Turning water into wine. The education that took place and pulling people of all backgrounds together. Casting out demons, etc, etc.

None of that is in the movie and doubtful that any bloodline of Christ could do any of these things without instruction or divine gifting.

The movie was interesting but I don't think it had much to do with anything regarding Jesus and his teachings. Maybe it wasn't suppose to.