A few months ago, I began working fairly intensely with a particular client. ( 9 or more hours per week one on one and in groups)

Recently, I began to notice some of my own tones and gestures that remind me of him...remind me of some of the features I do not like about him.

It is true that we may notice irritating things about people that actualy remind us of our shadow qualities. It is also true that this client, who has some mild developmental delays, copes partly by mimicking or paraphrasing/repeating what has been said (to feign understanding)

I wonderwhat it is that I do not like- is it that he mirrors me incongruently , or does he remind me of my shadow? Projection, reflection, or echo?

Still- with both of these possibilities in mind, I have been given the gift of seeing more work to be done in myself. And, I hope, in a way that will also benefit him.

I think that New Behavior Generator might be a place to start- however, I do not want to cover something that might need a closer look...

vitaman