"Belief creates behaviour, behaviour creates a belief. It's the same as asking asking whether it was the egg or the chicken that came first."

Well, the jury (that I like to listen to) is out on that one. In time, we'll see. Or which is the largest factor.

"Unfortunately psychologist try to separate the elements like scientistt to work out the optimal mix. We can talk about changing belief, or behaviour Yet they are also influenced by environment, experience and thinking. Moving beyond the the current comfort zone takes both and more."

Behavior therapy (for one) takes all of these into account so I don't see a contradiction here but it is true that reductionism is sometimes a flaw.

"The important element in their success is the individuals purpose for listening."

That is so true. And that is congruent with Abundance for life. Sheer Creation will always be the best changer of ways. Although, there are still few who think that way.

This is just a theoretical discussion and I do think that ACT, a new therapy focusing on values and mindfulness and committed action is the way ahead. So much of conscious creation fits well into that. It's grounded in basic behavioral research so it will probably be quite accepted in time.

Last edited by Tore; 01/02/07 08:33 PM.