Hi Tore

I would rather take a wholistic and eclectic approach to therapy. This lets therapists have a variety of tools to use. Setting up a competitive "a vs b" mindset would for me, at least, be limiting. Of course, it is good to recognise the strengths and limitations of different modes...

I recall 15 or so years ago working with youth in crisis at an emergency shelter. We used a combination of (Officialy) behaviour mod, group process, Satir and psychoeducation, and (Unofficialy) NLP, Gestalt, Reality Therapy, hypnotherapy, therapeutic ritual, Jungian archetypes, and everything else staff could bring to the table. It was a great place, miraculous things happened with a very touph client group...

Alex mentioned that "Therapy will naturally have results that are merely OK or a dismal failure for most and an outrageous success on occasions. They have less control over age, environment and motivating the individual to do what is asked"

I think that that will be true if a therapist only uses one model in one way. The chances of success increase with the number of tools avaliable and the therapists ability to choose according to client and situation.

vitaman